- $12 - $14.50 + Bonus - Based on Experience
Now Hiring a Manager in Training
Passion for Fashion...Come Join Our Team!
Tired of boring retail jobs where all you do is stand in a room and make no decisions? Do you read Lucky Magazine? Can you name the top 5 teen clothing brands? Do you ever watch The Hills or Gossip Girl? If you answered yes to all four and you’re into teen and young adult fashion, have an outgoing personality, willing to work hard in a very fast paced environment yet have fun doing it...APPLY NOW!
The economy might be down, but our sales and growth are up! We're looking for a highly motivated, sales oriented, experienced leader to take our growing business to the next level. Plato's Closet is a national franchise that buys and sells current style, name brand clothing and accessories for teens and young adults. We are a leader in the industry, and our locally owned groups of stores are among the top performers in the country. We are looking for a store manager can help us grow our sales and our concept for our newest location.
What we'll do for you:
- We offer a competitive base salary along with a performance based pay structure that is limitless
- Benefits including health care reimbursement, vacation, employee discount, and extended training opportunities
- We're a great company to work for, with hands on owners to offer guidance and support
- Opportunities for growth in our fast growing company
- We provide a fun, fast-paced work environment
What we expect from you:
- Highly organized with ability to multi task
- Attention to the details
- A strong work ethic
- A commitment to the store that doesn't go away when you clock out
- A willingness to continue learning through ongoing training
- A competitiveness that motivates you to be a leader in sales
- Ability to attain sales and SPMH goals
- Assist with buying, selling, pricing, ticketing and merchandising by adhering to merchandising standards, evaluating market demands, adhering to buying plan, managing stock and sales levels, and meeting or exceeding store sales goals and purchase goals.
- Assist with determining personnel requirements based on season and store schedule; assist with staff recruitment and interviewing. Train, and evaluate current staff as assigned throughout all stages of their development. Use all training checklists, guides and testing materials. Recertify all staff buyers every 6 months.
- Familiarize yourself and staff with product merchandise and brand names. Seek out opportunity to buy used goods, closeouts, liquidation’s, etc.
- Assist in the establishment and monitoring of appropriate security procedures including computer cash register, inventory management and open/close procedures. Prepare and make daily bank deposits.
- Promote, coach and role model superior customer service to all customers, every day. Insure that all store associates understand and support the pursuit of superior service and our non-negotiable standards.
- Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures. Assign and complete all projects on the daily floor plan.
- Monitor employee hours in relationship to sales and make cuts or additions if necessary. Staff scheduling and forethought may be necessary if staff illness or otherwise should arise. Attendance as an assistant manager is mandatory unless you find a management replacement for your shift.
- Monitor and encourage through positive communication staff performance and productivity. Maintaining accurate recordings in the manager log of sales, staff performance, customer’s situations, and repair and maintenance issues.
- Insure all inventory functions are completed as directed, including regular inventory counts. Insure merchandise receiving and ticketing occurs in a timely manner, so that merchandise can be processed to the selling floor for sale. Back stock inventory needs to be organized, rotated and dated to insure oldest merchandise is brought out to the sales floor first.
- Complete any additional assignments as directed by the store manager or owner.
What is our company’s culture and beliefs:
- Recycling clothing not only helps the environment but also the pocketbook.
- We believe in hard work, integrity, respecting individuals and the necessity of individuals taking full responsibility for their actions and decisions.
- We believe in recognition for a job well done and celebrating achievements.
Plato's Closet management must have transportation and be willing to work in any store in the district. Current district is comprised of stores in Chicago, Schaumburg and Skokie. Interested applicants should check out our website www.platosclosetchitown.com and make sure it looks like a concept that would interest you. Interested: Apply online on our website, Fax 773-625-2896 or Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to state salary requirements & the body of your resume in the email. No attachments will be opened.
- $8.25 or more based on experience and availability
Love Fashion? Come work for us! We are looking for a highly motivated, honest, reliable and customer service oriented person for our locations. Sales associate responsibilities include: buying, selling, customer service & merchandising. Fashionable with a knowledge of labels, styles, and trends a must! Must be able to work nights and weekends. In addition to English must also be able to also speak either Polish or Spanish.
We offer excellent benefits including incredible discounts, competitive pay, staff bonuses/contests & a fun fast pace yet casual work environment.
If interested email or drop off an application to the store closest to you.
Torencorp1@msn.com Be sure to put what store location you are interested in working.
Add Your Style to Ours . . .
Join the Plato's Closet® Team
Career Match Quiz
- Do you go through your friends' closets when they aren't looking?
- Do you check the person's shoes before saying "Yes" to a date?
- Do you know what A&F, BKE, and AE stand for?
- Do you enjoy working alongside like-minded, interesting, fun people?
- Do you like getting great discounts on cool stuff?
If you answered "yes" to most of these questions, we'd love to meet you.
At Plato's Closet, we offer:
- Full and part-time positions
- Flexible schedules that complement your busy life
- A great employee discount