ADD YOUR STYLE TO OURS . . .
JOIN THE PLATO'S CLOSET® TEAM
At Plato's Closet, you are in charge of selecting our inventory. This gives you responsibility no other store does. We take our buying seriously! While a fashion degree is not required, people with an interest in and experience with young adult casual fashions are required.
Our stores are casual - wear the latest styles! Our employees are savvy and energetic. Plus we get to feel good about working for a company that contributes to the wellbeing of the environment. All in all, its lots of fun. But we still have to get the work done. That's where you come in.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION
Love Fashion & Talking to People? Let's Chat!
We are looking for highly motivated, honest, reliable and customer service oriented individuals for our challenging, fun, fast-paced retail environment. A great sense of style with a knowledge of brands, current trends and labels a must! Along with an ability to prioritize, work with a sense of urgency, receive feedback and take action when appropriate. As an employee, you'll receive on-the-job training in recycled fashion.
- Assisting customers on the sale floor and at the dressing rooms
- Perform all point of sale related tasks, which involves but is not limited to: counting cash, making change, and operating the point of sale system.
- Creating interior and window displays and dressing mannequins.
- Actively participating in the ongoing processing of merchandise
- Answering the phone and answering questions about our concept
- Buying recycled fashions
- Assisting in keeping the store neat, including ongoing straightening of the merchandise and specific cleaning tasks as assigned.
We offer a competitive wage, flexible scheduling, fun casual work environment, great discount, first picks, contests & staff bonuses, ability to build your own stores ivnetory. Buyers can move on to get management positions at the stores.
Qualifications: Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day. Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. Bending, rotating, reaching as needed to receive, price, and stock merchandise.
Must be able to work at least 3 shifts per week and be available weekends. Speaking Polish or Spanish and/or daytime availability a plus.
WORK THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Contribute to the profitability of the store operations by monitoring, maintaing, handling, stocking, and helping manage the inventory of merchandise and supplies in a timely and organized manner. Help promote the brand image of both the products and the stores, and positively impact the customer experience by maintaining visual standards and keeping the store and back room stocked and organized.
1. Distributes inventory in a timely manner to sales floor. Ensure products are constantly available for the customers. *
2. Accurately track and document new and used inventories. Maintains a high level of stockroom organization so that items may be easily located. Participate in preparing store for and conducting periodic inventory audits and annual counts. *
3. Participates in the planning and execution of seasonal merchandising changes, floor set and sale events according to standards and expectations. *
4. Reports any theft, suspected theft, problems or discrepancies to management immediately.*
5. When on sales floor, acts in a professional manner. *
6. Performs repair & maintenace and housekeeping duties such as floor sweeps and rack maintenance.*
7. Responsible for accurate accounting of all back stock. *
8. Maintains back rooms in a clean, orderly and safe manner. *
9. Attends store meetings and training sessions as requested. *
10. Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures. *
11. Contributes to other tasks and projects to keep store running smoothly. *
We offer a competitive wage, flexible scheduling, fun casual work environment, great discount, first picks, contests & staff bonuses, ability to build your own stores ivnetory. Inventory Specialists can move on tosupervisory and management positions at the stores.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conditions of Employment
Possession of a valid Illinois driver's license is a requirement for this job.
Part Time - Must be able to work at 8am to 4pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and an occassional Saturday. Additional hours in busy season is available.
Ful time - Must be able to work Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8am - 4pm, and Tues and Thursday flexible start times. Additional hours in the busy season is required along with an occassional Saturday or Sunday.
Passion for Fashion & Leadership? Come work for us!
We are looking for energetic, honest, reliable & customer service oriented person to help promote all aspects of the business: buying, selling, pricing, and merchandising. Promoting a high level of customer service ensuring customers are assisted in an enthusiastic, timely, and knowledgeable manner. Having a sense of fashion with a knowledge of current styles, trends and brands for teens and young adults a must!
A shift supervisor is responsible for ensuring their Plato's Closet store is running according to company standards. General leadership to ensure the team is performing duties and serving guests. Other responsibilities including: opening and closing the store, accurate register counts, sales goals, and delegating tasks amongst sales associates and buyers.
A shift supervisor is expected to be the link between the management team and associates, helping management to accomplish important tasks such as merchandising, and motivating employees on the sales floor to help exceed goals. An ideal shift supervisor is hardworking, a quick thinker, and friendly with excellent communication and customer service skills. Previous retail experience is necessary for this position.
We offer a competitive wage, flexible scheduling, fun casual work environment, great discount, first picks, contests & staff bonuses, ability to build your own stores ivnetory. Shift Supervisors can move on to get management positions at the stores.
Must be computer literate, process math skills and have retail or customer service experience. Must be able to work 4 shifts a week which includes full availability on Saturday and Sunday.
Position available immediately for the right candidate. Future promotion possibilities exist with this growing company. We presently have three company locations.